2013 -2014 Big Buck Bounty
1. No purchase or entry fee is necessary.
2. The contest is open to all legal Mississippi hunters. Certain prizes require contestants to be above a certain age (determined by nature of prize and/or sponsor). If an individual qualifies for a prize for which he/she doesn’t meet the age requirement, the prize then reverts to the next runner up of qualifying age. Individuals under 21 years of age may sign a prize waiver transferring the right to claim prizes to an adult/legal guardian at time of entry. Entrants 20 years or younger are not eligible for select random prizes. (See item 27)
3. All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, owners and affiliates of New South Radio, Inc., dba WUSJ (US96.3) and The Radio People (“STATION”) and its fellow sponsors of this contest, their immediate families, and household members of all of the above.
4. An individual may win this and other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
5. The contest will begin on October 1st, 2013 and run through February 15, 2014. The contest may be entered by any legal hunter whose harvest was killed within the state of Mississippi by legal means. No deer killed outside of the state of Mississippi is eligible. Any entries for the youth category that are questionable due to the ability of the child to aim and shoot a weapon without adult help will be disqualified at the sponsors’ discretion.
6. a.) All entries of whitetail deer, with the exception of 6. b.) must be done at an official WUSJ (US96.3) and Mississippi Sportsman scoring location. Individuals may enter the contest at and have whitetail deer taken to be scored only at Official US 96.3 and Mississippi Sportsman scoring locations:
|Dan Heasley Taxidermy||12310 Hwy 18||Raymond||MS||39154||601.857.0077|
|P&A Deer Processing||415 Peal Dr||Pearl,||MS||39208||601-321-9568|
|Rack Shack||170 Davis Crossing Rd||Canton||MS||39071||601-421-2269|
6. b.) Hunters with an official Boone and Crockett score sheet and horns stamped by scorer may enter the contest by completing an official entry form at one of the three official scoring locations and attaching their Boone and Crockett score sheet.
7. The contest may be entered by any legal hunter whose harvest was killed within the state of Mississippi by legal means. No deer killed outside the state of Mississippi is eligible. Participating scoring locations must use an official WUSJ (US96.3) and Mississippi Sportsman entry sheet. The top 4 qualifiers in each category will be notified by Signature Required letter that they must have their entry re-scored prior to the Big Buck Finale on March 22, 2014. Re-scoring will be done by expert scorers according to Boone and Crockett standards except for entries pertaining to #8 below. Expert scorers will be chosen by WUSJ (US96.3) and Mississippi Sportsman. Any finalist who has had their entry scored by an official Boone & Crockett Scorer will have to present the official Boone & Crockett score sheet at the re-scoring event. Entry will not be re-scored and the Boone & Crockett score sheet signed by an official Boone & Crockett Scorer will constitute the final score for the WUSJ (US96.3) and Mississippi Sportsman Big Buck Bounty. Dates and times for re-scoring of the top 4 in each category will be included in signature required letters. Failure by qualifiers to have their deer re-scored at designated site is not the responsibility of WUSJ (US96.3) or sponsors. Failure to provide correct information for notification will constitute forfeiture by contestant.
8. Entrants may also have their entries scored by a certified Boone & Crockett scorer. However, entrants must bring their scoring sheets to one of the official scoring locations in 6) above and fill out the official entry sheet. Entries already scored by a certified Boone & Crockett scorer will not be rescored at the Finals as they are already deemed to be officially scored and stamped. Their official entry form along with a scoring sheet signed by an official Boone & Crockett scorer will constitute their final score for entry in the US 96.3 and Mississippi Sportsman Big Buck Bounty
9. Prizes will be awarded based on Boone and Crockett scoring standards segmented by typical & non-typical. Prizes will be awarded to the top scoring entry in the following classes: Typical Men’s, Women’s, and Youth; Non-Typical Men’s, Women’s, and Youth; Typical Archery and Non-Typical Archery.
*NOTE: Youth Classes are determined as children under the age of 16 (15 years of age and under) at the time of harvest who do not require a Mississippi Hunting license. Scoring for the contest will be unofficial Green scoring only for the preliminary scoring of this contest. Final scoring will be conducted using Boone & Crockett scoring standards but will not be on record or file for any purpose other than this contest.
10. In the event of a tie or malfunction, the winner will be determined by a random drawing conducted by the station and sponsor(s). The person conducting the contest will determine all winners, and their decision shall be final. WUSJ (US96.3) and sponsors are not responsible for any human error which may occur in the drawing process.
11. All State, local, Federal and/or other taxes, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win prize/prizes valued at or over $600 will be issued an IRS form 1099 to report their winnings and will be given a W-9 for completion at the time of winning.
12. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Gifts are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged unless otherwise noted.
13. New South Radio, Inc., dba The Radio People and WUSJ (US96.3) shall not be responsible for the terms and conditions or failure of participating sponsors to deliver prizes as promised.
14. All entrants and winners agree that New South Radio, Inc., dba The Radio People and WUSJ (US96.3) their employees, owners, successors and assigns and the listed contest sponsors shall have no liability and shall be held harmless for any injury, misfortune, loss, claim, expense or damage to either persons or property as a result of entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest or by the use or non-use of any prize received.
15. All category prizes must be claimed during the end of contest awards finale or in person at the appropriate sponsor location during regular business hours and within ten business days after the awards banquet. After such time, ownership of the said prize reverts back to the contest sponsor to be disposed of at their discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
16. All firearm prizes are subject to prevailing local, state and national gun control laws. If the winner of a firearm is disqualified or illegally prohibited from owning a firearm, the prize is forfeited. There will be no substitution.
17. Proper identification must be presented to claim prize. Winners will be asked to fill out a Winner’s Affidavit and Release.
18. All entry blanks, forms devices and materials, as well as all the information contained on or within, gathered during the course of entry, shall become the sole property of the station or the appropriate contest sponsor to be used, disposed of or destroyed at the discretion of the sponsor.
19. All entrants and winners agree that New South Radio, Inc., dba The Radio People and WUSJ (US96.3) and the sponsors may broadcast or publish or post on the internet their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including their picture, voice (recorded or live), for any reason the sponsor deems necessary without compensation. All entrants further agree to hold the station and/or sponsors harmless and without liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
20. The sponsors reserve the right to end a contest at any time without any advance notice to the public.
21. The station/sponsors reserve the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
22. Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the contest station/sponsors to disqualify the individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the station/sponsors, as well as forfeiture of any prize of prizes won by fraudulent means. Station/sponsors reserve the right to administer a polygraph to any entrant.
23. All entry forms must be completely and legibly filled out or the entry form could be disqualified.
24. Station/sponsors reserve the right to amend the rules of the contest as they deem fit and in the interest of the contest.
25. In all instances, decisions of the station/sponsors are final.
26. All completed scoring sheets for entrants 21 years or older will be entered to win random prizes at the Big Buck Bounty Finale tentatively scheduled for March 22, 2014. Entrants must be present to win at the event. The person conducting the contest will determine all winners, and their decision shall be final. WUSJ (US96.3) and station/sponsors are not responsible for any human error which may occur in the drawing process.
|Reports / Forum|
March 03 at 2:40 pm | 46 Views
February 28 at 6:26 am | 153 Views
Yesterday at 8:46 am | 24 Views
February 24 at 1:23 pm | 177 Views
February 24 at 9:21 am | 87 Views
March 04 at 3:01 pm | 47 Views
3 hours ago | 22 Views
February 27 at 11:22 am | 119 Views
February 25 at 5:10 pm | 76 Views
February 21 at 11:53 am | 102 Views