Fans attending the Bassmaster Elite Series tournament on Barnett Reservoir will be treated to a lot more than just a weigh-in, according to event sponsors at the Ridgeland Tourism Commission and the Barnett Reservoir Foundation.
The main event Elite Series tournament will launch and check-in daily at Madison Landing. On Thursday through Saturday, competing anglers will be driven by cart to and from the weigh-in at neighboring Old Trace Park. For Sunday’s final weigh-in, the remaining 12 anglers will trailer their boats to the park and stage.
On Saturday and Sunday, fans will enjoy the Outdoors Expo at The Rez, presented by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks. The state agency will bring a lot of its assets to the park for the Expo, including:
• Kids archery range.
• Kids casting instruction and contest, knot-tying instruction and instructions in choosing baits. Biologists will be on-site to answer specific questions.
• Boater Education with patrol boats on-site.
• Museum of Natural Science educators with live animals and gift shop items available for sale.
• Disc golf and putt-putt greens.
• Conservation law enforcement, with MDWFP command center, truck, airboat on display.
The Barnett Reservoir Foundation will have live music on the Jackson Ready Mix stage before and after Saturday’s weigh-in with Four Shots at 1 p.m. and lead act Lindsey Cardinale at 5:30, and on Sunday it’s Doug Hurd and Larry Brewer at 1 p.m.
The event will include other vendors and exhibitors, and a beer garden. No outside coolers will be allowed. For updated information on the tournament and the Outdoor Expo, visit barnettreservoirfoundation.org.
JOIN THE CLUB, get unlimited access for $2.99/month
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Mississippi Sportsman Magazine and MS-Sportsman.com.