Where and when were Mississippi’s best whitetail bucks taken during the 2019-20 season? You’ll get some idea here.
Yes, it was an interesting deer season in Mississippi, a period of four months or so after the flood waters receded enough for hunters to get into most of the deer woods in the Magnolia State.
Mississippi Sportsman chronicled the taking and tagging of a double-handful of the best bucks that fell since archery season opened last Oct. 1. The following are summaries of previously published stories written by Bobby Cleveland, Bill Garbo, Andy Douglas, Dan Kibler and Brian Cope.
We hope you enjoy reliving the way these great animals met their matches.
- A ‘mack daddy’ of a prayer is answered
- Hunter’s second chance nets Hinds County 12-point
- Carter goes old school on Stone County trophy
- Natchez WMA draw hunt produces great buck
- Flowood hunter grunts in big Rankin County buck
- Double Purple Heart recipient gets 17-pointer
- Hunter gets 332 inches of antler in two days
- Madison County huntress kills huge buck on reluctant hunt