Three injured in North Carolina boating mishap
Three people were injured when a boat exploded last week in North Carolina after 28 gallons of fuel were inadvertently pumped into a fishing rod holder instead of the gas tank, according to media reports.
WECT reported another boater noticed a sheen of gas on the water and told the men to call a tow company instead of cranking up the boat because it might cause an explosion, but a spark ignited the fuel when a battery was disconnected.
Three men were injured, and two were transported to a local burn clinic with non-life threatening injuries, WECT reported.
JOIN THE CLUB, get unlimited access for $2.99/month
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Mississippi Sportsman Magazine and MS-Sportsman.com.