In an effort to promote a safe environment due to Covid-19, the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) has altered waterfowl draw hunts on Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) for the 2020-21 hunting season. New procedures are as follows:
- Hunters must be drawn to participate in WMA waterfowl draw hunts.
- All waterfowl draw hunt applications (5 draw periods per WMA) will be open concurrently from October 1 to October 15 and all drawings and notifications will be completed by November 1.
- There will be no “stand-by” opportunity for non-drawn hunters to show up the day of a hunt for a chance to fill a vacant spot.
- Drawn hunters will have 48 hours to confirm their reservation online before it is returned for a second drawing.
- Applicants who are not initially drawn will be entered into the second drawing to fill any unconfirmed hunting positions.
- Hunting units will be assigned when draw winners are notified.
- Drawn hunters and their guests will be allowed to access their designated hunting unit beginning at 5:00 am the morning of their hunt.
Applications for WMA draw hunts can be found online at https://xnet2.mdwfp.com/drawings/public/WmaDrawingsV3.aspx. Hunters are reminded that not all WMAs with waterfowl hunting opportunity require a draw permit to hunt, and specific regulations for each WMA should be reviewed prior to hunting.
JOIN THE CLUB, get unlimited access for $2.99/month
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Mississippi Sportsman Magazine and MS-Sportsman.com.